Breast augmentation is a procedure to enhance the size and shape of a woman’s breasts. It involves inserting an implant underneath the breast.
The best candidates for breast augmentation are physically healthy women looking for improvement in the way they look and are realistic in their expectations.
The reasons for breast augmentation are varied, they include:
- Women who have always been small-breasted and would like to enhance their bustline for personal reasons
- Restoration of the volume of the breasts after significant weight loss or pregnancy
- Correcting symmetry of uneven breast sizes.
Breast implants consist of a silicone shell filled with either silicone gel or saline (salt water). In consultation with your plastic surgeon, you will decide on the size, shape (round or anatomic) and type (silicone or saline) of implant. Together, you will also decide on the position of the implant (under the breast gland or muscle beneath the breast) and the incision for placement of the implant:
- Inframammary (in the breast crease)
- Periareolar (around the bottom half of the areola)
- Transaxillary (under the front fold of the armpit).
"Life changing news like this does make you re-evaluate your life. My journey has been about rediscovery, about me as a person, as a wife, as a mother and about..."
- Jo » Read more